Upcoming NCRMA Events
“Let’s Put Fayetteville on The Google Map” was designed to help strengthen our communities by connecting local businesses and customers so they can easily support each other. Did you know that 97% of consumers look online for local goods and services, yet only 37% of businesses currently display correct or complete information? Businesses that have complete information online are more than twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers. People are searching online for businesses like yours every day. Make sure they can find and connect with you by adding your business information to Google Search and Maps. It is easy and free. Join us for a free event – we will help you verify your business, make sure you information is complete and accurate, and review other FREE tools Google has available for increased visibility. If someone in your business has previously set up a Google+ page or any other Google products for your business, please have their email and password available.
Registration link coming soon!
Bring your lunch and join other entrepreneurs and small business owners for our free monthly round table discussion!
Sponsored by the Jacksonville-Onslow Chamber of Commerce and the Coastal Carolina Small Business Center
The Retail Tap Talks are a one-day retail boot camp providing tangible, actionable, and practical information for business owners on a variety of topics crucial to operating, managing, and marketing a business. If you wear multiple hats in your business, have limited time and resources to acquire professional information, and understand the importance of improving your knowledge with respected experts working with North Carolina businesses then Retail Tap Talks are for you! Choose the location and date that is best for you!
Time – TBD
Downtown Events are an excellent opportunity for local businesses to showcase themselves for existing and new customers. In this workshop small business owners will:
• Learn ways to advertise/market their business prior to the event
• Partner with event organizers or vendors for greater exposure before and during the event
• Set staff, amp up merchandising, and other ways to appeal to event attendees
• Develop a method to collect contact information from event attendees
• Create a follow-up system for continuing the contacts made during the event
Retail on Tap-Retail Uncorked
Presented by the Retail Beverage Council of the NC Retail Merchants Association.
Marketing, Promotions, Transportation, Sales, Compliance Issues, Taxes, Worker Safety/Workers Comp and other topics for Wine Shops, Bottle Shops, Tasting Rooms, Tap Rooms, Breweries with Tasting Rooms and others selling wine, beer, and cider presented by the NC Retail Merchants Association.
The Retail Beverage Council of NCRMA provides legislative advocacy, interpretation of compliance and regulatory requirements, marketing/customer service/promotions training, and a central location for NC wine, beer, and cider merchants to exchange ideas.
In addition to saving NC Retailers over $62 million dollars in 2015 alone with their hard fought repeal of the Privilege License Tax, the repeal of contingency audits, and their recent legislation on organized retail crime, these are some of the NCRMA-led legislative campaigns for the wine/beer industry:
- NCRMA wrote the Growler Bill and worked the bill through the Legislature, the ABC Commission and worked on the sanitation rules with the Division of Public Health – 2013
- NCRMA passed the wine tasting bill – 2001 & 2005
- NCRMA passed the malt beverage tasting bill – 2009
- NCRMA assisted in the passage of the wine shop permit –
- NCRMA prevented split case fees from being charged by wholesalers to retailers – 2005
- NCRMA ensured that beer and wine wholesalers had to continue to service all retailers to whom they distributed alcohol to – 2013
- NCRMA worked with the ABC Commission to allow Retailers to utilize coupons and wine clubs over the objection of the Religious Right – 2010
Thank you to our venue hosts and promotions sponsor!
Join us for the 2018 Retailer of the Years Awards Dinner in Winston-Salem, NC!
More information coming soon!
Small Biz Summer School (with Google, Constant Contact, LinkedIn and VistaPrint)! North Carolina Retail Merchants Association is joining Google in their mission to empower local businesses with extensive knowledge to grow successfully online. Our local business experts are hosting this free, in-person LiveStream!
Please click here to register for this free event!