NCRMA partners with the following national organizations to maximize the sharing of information and ensure success for our members.
- Council of State Retail Associations
- Food Marketing Institute
- Grocery Manufacturers Association
- International Franchise Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores
- National Grocers Association
- National Retail Federation
- Retail Industry Leaders Association
Not only does NCRMA’s staff track retail issues at the state level, but we also work closely with our national affiliated associations to monitor legislation introduced at the federal level that will impact store operations.
Sales Tax Fairness
NCRMA continues to work with our national retail partners and our Congressional delegation to push for sales tax fairness between online and brick-and-mortar retailers. NCRMA supports federal legislation that would close the decades-old loophole that gives special treatment to online-only out of state retailers.
A sale is a sale is a sale no matter where it is made. NCRMA advocates for a level playing field when it comes to the collection of sales tax on internet purchases.
There is momentum in the U.S. Congress to settle this debate once and for all. Join the fight.
Sales Tax Fairness Links: